The Schinkelturm lighthouse was designed by
Friedrich Karl Schinkel, and built in 1828 on Cape Arkona, the
northern time of Rügen, the most prominent and dangerous cape on
Germany's Baltic coast. It was inactive from 1902, and was reopened as
a museum in 1996.
On a small island in the Baltic Sea on the
German coast the Griefswalder light was built in 1855.